Thursday, May 24, 2012

Episode 4: Recommendations Galore!

Episode 4: Recommendations Galore! shownotes


Major Gratitude to:

Dawn from Wolfe Farms Videocast for promoting my podcast this week on Plurk and her and James' podcast! Thank you SO much!

Candy (Kandiland on Ravlery) for the generous use of her banners for the Ravelry Group! Thank you so much Candy!

Finished:

Wingspan!!!! From handspun Friday Studios Shetland in the Velvet Lining colorway.
   -Mod: 6 wings instead of 8

5 Hexipuffs for my Bee Keeper Quilt! 1 from 716 Knit (Powerpuff Girls mini skein set); 3 from Geek Chic (Half-blood Prince colorway); 1 from Gnome Acres.

On the Needles:
Harvest Dew socks - size US1.5 (2.5mm) in Geek Chic Minion (Dryad colorway).

On the Wheel:

Knitabulls Franklin 100% Superwash Merino from Gnome Acres

New Frontiers:
Moonie Knits Podcast - 10 Episodes
Knittynatter Podcast - 3 Episodes

Nerding Out:

We have a Ravelry group!!!

I signed up for a half marathon. What was I thinking!? No really, though, I'm excited! I will start training immediately, and I'll also be training for a 5K run the week before the half marathon. I am using the Couch to 5K program, which I used 2 years ago. The Girlfriends Knitting podcast hosted by Caroline is doing a C25K-along with an accompanying sock KAL. Check it out!

New profession (you probably didn't know about): Tribology: "The science and engineering of interacting surfaces in relative motion," this profession deals with friction, lubrication and wear as it relates to mechanical engineering. Cool stuff!

Helping out:
I need some recommendations for LYS in the So Cal area! Yeah I could look online (and have already, but it's nicer to get personal recommendations!). Please leave a comment on the blog or the Rav group under Episode 4 if you can point me in the right direction! Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. well done on the wingspan. very nice colour and looked great around your neck.

    don't apologise for time change of recording, nor being ill. Life happens.
    get better soon
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete